Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baju Kurung ku...

It always amazes me how bridezillas could spend so much for a piece of cloth with varigation and intrication, which requires a lot of work that makes the tailor (or designer, whichever u want to call him) scratch his head and go "hmmm..." on the demanded designs (yes, the more appropriate word is demand rather than request since tailoring the engagement and nikah frock HAS to be ultimately perfect, seamless and gives an illusion of a 10-pound reduction off ur body fats all in those dreaded places and would make the cameras love you like crazy!

Sounds familiar girls? I honestly feel that we are trapped in the world of illusion and driven mad by the utmost feeling of the desire to spend for something you might NOT (or SHALL not) be wearing again...unless you do get engaged for the second time, or you ae appointed as the maid of honour for a friend's future wedding (of which I highly doubt it as the bride would insist you to be un-glamorous so as to not overshadow her :) )

Thus at the end of the day, it all depends on the preferences whether you categorize yourself as the simple bride OR the extravangant bridezilla. Personally, I've only done kurungs for office use. Thus, during my personal experience shopping with Mama the last 2 weeks in EuroModa Jalan TAR, thus I was surprised on the many types of fabrics one could use! Chiffon, Gorgette, Songket, French Lace, Satin, Shantung silk etc. etc... Thus I settled for a simple chiffon + satin silk, with a cream coloured bead-encrusted selendang. Simple eh? Yeah, I highly believe it is.

You'd also be surprised that even the groom's attire have evolved so much from being just a simple satin cloth and machine-woven sampin for His Nikah + Reception to having so many designs and materials.
But at the end of the day,  it didn't take me long to actually choose a normal "cream-coloured cloth & cream sampin" for Him. So I guess shopping's done for the day. Already sent my engagement baju to my trusted tailor for like 10 years, I cross my fingers and hope nothing goes wrong... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment