Monday, September 27, 2010

Engagement Checklist

I never believed in checklists. They make your life seem more 'structurally-apprehended'! Not that there is an issue. The Mum always says 'write a checklist to organize your life!' But having these checklists, seems to make ur life so ..organized and...let's just says I never liked to follow things to a tee, reflecting the other  side of me (rash, disorganized, disheveled, blurry) of which mum takes pride in critisizing my un-womanly traits as she believes that girls should grow up into polite, accomplished ladies ala 'pride and prejudice' style. Teehee...My dear Mr Bennett :)

Coming back...So what's the matter in being organized? I guess the good thing about having an event that's about YOU is that you need to get it ready in the best, possible way you could. Sure you could take the 'couldn't care less' stance, of which MIGHT not turn out the way you'd want it, OR the extreme case would be that you'd humiliate yourself to the deepest centre of the earth (not exactly the word I was looking for, but yeah...something like that).

So with a huge sack of lists on my shoulder, I take a heave of breath and go through the preparation steps, just like any other "fiancee-to-be's..."

My Engagement Checklist :
date : 6th Nov 2011
time : After Maghrib
venue : My humble abode
dulang  :   Hers: 9, His: 7
lapik dulang : creams (mum's choice)
caterer : Booked - From Muar (They are charging RM 15 per head for an extensive menu which is cheap!)
canopy : Still looking for the right size. Mum wants a small canopy in the garden so that her beloved flowers do not get squashed. First time I agreed with her. :)
menu : Can't remember. Will update soon.
baju tunang : Light peach. Already sent to Cassimi (trusted tailor tycoon for 10 years +! )
make-up artist : Booked Nasha Aziz (Izatt Artistic Team)
accesories : Haven't thought about it yet
veil : Not using! I hate veils...seriously
main favor : none
photographer : blog-chenta.com ...they gave me great rates for a custom-album print. Am pretty anxious about my choice though...*Fingers crossin*
jurucakap : Uncle Amir & Aunty Dina
mini pelamin : Not doing :) But perhaps must find a small cushion ke apa...Need to ke?
handbouquet : I don't think I would need one but probably I might have to find one...
alas lantai barang hantaran : Looking for a table runner
deco hantaran :  Aunty Normi
deco bilik: not much...Im just using some new beddings...that's all
tema hantaran : Red gerberas with white roses

Her to Him
1) Baju Melayu Nikah & Extra 1
2) Patchi Chocs
3) Sirih Junjung
4) Men's body care
5) Perfume set
6) Fondant Cake
7) Chocolates & Brownies
8) Fruits
9) Red Velvet Cake from Illy espressemente

No comments:

Post a Comment