Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Big 'O' is subjective...

Done! Finally, I've bought the 'O' last weekend. It had been a major hectic weekend with the BF having gone through a whole god-knows-how-many laps of swimming, cycling and running in his half-iron man race in Desaru, and me myself being committee for our company's annual treasure hunt event in Gambang. Thus, both of us pushed off straight away from Gambang and Desaru on Sunday, agreeing to meet in KL thus finally shopping for the engagement band.

The BF technically wanted to stop at one of the shops shop we went to previously on our ring-scouting spree last week, where he was interested with one ring which had a contemporary design, simple, with 2 fine diamond lines on the white gold band,  but I decided that we still look around first. Reason being is that I'm always one to look out for all the options available, before I regret myself immensely everytime I look at my engagement ring, thinking "damn, why didn't I choose the other one?". Thus, we finally found a simple white gold ring w 3 small embedded diamonds, simple and contemporary..plus sweet. He was happy with it (cuz he chose it I believe?) ...phew!

Why is the Big 'O' subjective? Its not the size that matters. What matter is you have to remember the fact that your loved one loves u very much, to afford to buy you a ring which you should remember, takes up a huge chunk of his salary...and he doesn't complaint about it. So again girls, try to overlook the part where you get frustrated with the fact that he didn't buy you a ring that you wanted (probably because he's budgeting and saving for the marriage) ya? It's always the thought that counts :)

-xoxo-
Jue

No comments:

Post a Comment