Tuesday, November 2, 2010

...Of Storms and Superstitions...


Superstition

Wiki's def: 
Credulous belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge. The word is often used pejoratively to refer to folk beliefs deemed irrational, which is appropriate since irrational means "not based on reason"

My understanding:
It's what shapes our semi-conscious minds and is being reflected by your everyday move on how you do things and the way you see things.


So judging from the definition given that Superstition is neither related to a religous nor a logic belief, so why bother?

This issue had me thinking due to unforseen circumstances for these past few weeks. Little issues they may seem, but it has somewhat brought about impacts onto my life on how serious one can take these issues and sum up to bring about the conclusion that Superstition can be real.

My story starts of with this few weeks being the most hectic weeks I've ever experienced so far... Fulfilling job urgency and requests on a short scale of time, drowing cups and cups of coffee to make you stay awake until 5am, waking up again at 6am, having dark eye bags and circles which definitely makes Pandas feel proud and thankful of their miniscule ones, being frustrated over eye creams that don't work at all! The list goes on and on.. but then again, if one does not grumble about their work...I consider them inhuman!
Soon I believe I'll start to develop into something like this:-




Haha! Cute...Anyway, that's not the least that had happened. I was at a conference yesterday when I received a  call from Mum, telling me how she can't find the bedding sets that we purchased for the purpose of the engagement. I was pretty much shocked and worried since I swore we did not leave it at the shop (100% positive as I remember us gawking at them immediately when we got home)

Poor Mum had to huff and puff the whole morning (I believe she lost a few kilos due to this search quest) and found it in...surprise-surprise...her own cupboard where, she kept those sheets...but somehow can't see them there practically smiling at her. Is this some sort of Bad Omen ? (Shish...nonsense)

Then, I was even more alarmed with the news of a Big Flood, that affected the northern states...to be more specific, my future mom-in-law's house had been affected too. Poor her! Water was actually 1 feet tall!
But she was determined to not postpone this Saturday's engagement.

Bad omen? (sheeeeeesh.....nonsensical)

BUT..

Coming back to my earlier concern....there's a saying that challenges ALWAYS hits you when you have an occassion coming up...especially they say that (I have no idea who "they" are) when engagements and weddings are coming up, they say that (and who is "they" again???) the Devil does not like these joyous events to take place as the couple in love are trying to build  Masjid.


Which one of these are true you believe to justify the statement above?
Logic wise?
Religion wise?
Belief wise?

With my minsicule knowledge, I hardly dare to say what I belief or am against...except for that what ever I do...I take Religion as a number 1 key reference point...

What about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment