Monday, November 15, 2010

Post-engagement Mortem...Curtains down! - Pt 1

Curtains down...encore encore...

Finally, with a sigh of relief and gladness...I pray and thank to Allah for making the engagement of me and The Boyfie (Now here onwards known as The Fiance') a blessed event. Alhamdulillah...

To sum up a day's eventful moments in one blog page...drums rolling and here goes...

The day started of with The Mum waking up and panicking, and insisting to do some last minute minor additions i.e adding more flowers to her beloved garden, buying candles, torchlights and batteries....then dad (being always supportive when mum's all stressed up) decided for all of us to go for a big breakfast at Papa Rich as we believe we won't be able to get a bite (or even feel like digesting any due to high adrenalin rushes) later on.

Soon, Aunty Normi came with her daughter with her lovely gubahan hantaran.. and also some pieces to decorate my oh-so plain room (as expressed by so many people and which I had to agree to it) and turned it into a mini gerbera garden...vibrant, simple and fresh. Ahaa..it's amazing what these artists could see what we financial analysts can't apprehend. Teehee...



Aunty Normi's Creation
 
Soon, the house had become more vibrant as my Mak Ngah and Pak Ngah, Pak Cu and Mak Cu came to see what they could help around. Since Pak Cu was staying in Bangi, he was very nice enough to offer his place as a 'transit point' for all the other relatives who'd want to hang around, eat, sleep or booze (this is merely exagerating :) ), or rest whilst waiting for the eve to come of which we personally requested them to be usherers for the Fiance's side.

Soon at 430pm (that sharp), Nasha, the MakeupArtist came. I was very much relieved that he came on the dot as opposed to what I read from reviews (They say that you need to give them some 'buffer' time of 30 minutes to 1 hour as they normally are pretty diva-ish). But on the contrary, Nasha was so nice, very soft-spoken and very professional. Despite his disheveled hair and unassuming looks, he had very elegant fingers and was very swift yet careful with his work. The main reason why I took him was that I have been admiring his work since school. He had a very natural touch without entirely omitting colour and focused more onto enhancing the bride's natural looks rather than changing her entirely. Infact, it was great to get good skincare tips from him. Another plus point was that he took into great account of your requests so you are free to ask him to-do or not-to-do anything! At the end, I was really surprised how light my skin felt, as if I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. Thanks a million dear Nasha...                                                                   


Nasha in Action




It was already 7 by the time the makeup session ended. I got out of the room to see all the last minute preps...seems that The Mum had actually placed candles on all the tables in the garden. Beautiful...Then, my cousins had helped to place all the hantarans onto the 'kain saprah' or table sheet in the guests living room where we were expection all the guests to arrive. By the time it was almost 8, I was ushered and accompanied by my cousins to wait in my room where we wait for The Fiance's side to arrive...



Mum's Garden - Transformed...
 -CON'T-



No comments:

Post a Comment