Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Post-engagement Mortem...Curtains down! - Pt 2

Bla Bla Blah...
Bla Bla Blah...
Bla Bla Blah...

Of course my post starts with these baffling words as I couldn't listen what they were discussing outside.

Ahaa...To those who are new with the Malay engagement 'procedure', it normally consists of the subject matter below:-

-Hello...
-We have come for the hand of Miss so-and-so...
-What have we brought (rings and gifts)
-What shall the bride give back
-When's the nikah date going to be
-What's the Duit hantaran? (Jeng jeng jeng, the golden question that makes ears prick and comparative analyses come to place by past, present and future-to-be mother in laws and close friends of mother-in-laws)

Technically, some parties opt for pre-arranged meetings to discuss on the issues to be tabled out on the engagement day itself, so as to avoid lengthy and out-of-the-topic conversations. It could be funny, yet can be demoralising and anti-climaxing if the time taken is too long. As in my case, it had been a good move for both mon parent' et ill parent' (my parents and his parents) to have a few prior meetings to discuss, and that the outcome had been conveyed to our spokesperson, Uncle Amir. Thus, on the night itself, the discussion didn't take longer than 1 hour.

Alas! Not all good things come to place, as I soon realised that I was allergic to FRESH FLOWERS...and in my bedroom...they're all over the place!!! Yikes! So the past 1 hours (from 7-8pm) I sneezed and sneezed ala the Big Bad Wolf having a flu in bed which made the 3 little pigs go hurrah hurrah! I was pretty worried that my nose would go red or bleed. So when the ring-wearing ceremony came (where the Fiance's mum and aunt came looking happily proud not knowing the bride-to-be was huffing and puffing), I struggled to 'tahan' my snoozing and sneezing and ta-da! proudly smiled as the cameras go clicking...Thank goodness...

Does my attempt work???






Fiance's mum, Me and The Mum

Later we managed to go take pictures with his relatives who came. I felt a huge relief that everything was over...Everyone was so nice, and gave me well wishes. Even the Fiance, after a previous conversation of wearing RED, had opt into wearing LIGHT ORANGE instead, which echoed my baju kurung perfectly.

Also, it didn't rain that heavily that night so the weather was cool, excepts for large mosquitos coming out to play and bit Muai Thai Boy all over his face (even on his eyelid too!)...but other than that, Alhamdulillah...

Wedding will be in about 8 months time... Fingers crossing, I really need to rest my mind and soul from these 'wedding bru ha-has' before jump into gear 5 and start preparing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment