Sunday, January 16, 2011

Walimatulurus...!

What a cold Monday morning...I reflected the moment I was this morning...squirming and struggling to get out of the bed...argh! I hate Mondays...(soo Cliche'...)...But once you're out of bed, you religiously criticise yourself on having to rush bathing, rush putting on make-up, rush to clean up your room...and the sight of Mom in her 'baju tidur' tercegat at my door this morning, waiting to tell me a scoop she had heard yesterday...it was a funny sight, yet I couldn't afford to take another minute to hear it, since at every inch of a second, KL roads starts to jam up at an exponential rate. So, be patient Mom, plenty of time to be hearing about it. (Hee~ :) )

As I drove on the bustling streets of KL at 640am past the Sungai Besi toll, my mind started to reconstruct on the progress of the wedding preps so far... (to go into that detail, I even made a Progress Report in my Excel Sheet...!) Then, memories of our kad shopping spree me n The Fiance went last Saturday.

The Fiance was highly attracted to the Pocket-Style Wedding Card...of which I thought it was a great idea actually. Simple but elegant. Initially I wanted a simpler and cheaper card but then I suddenly realised that it would be a shame to give a less-than-average card quality to my bosses and collegues and to make them think I'm such a cheapskate..but wait a minute! But happened to being on a budget? Don't worry, of course we're still sticking to that principle...

The budget was RM 1.10 per card. I thought it was impossible (since I asked around in Bangi and the vendors gave me a costing of RM 2.50 per pocket-style card...pricey!)

So via recommendation from a good collegue of mine, he encouraged me to go to Jalan Brunei off Jalan Pudu, where that's the Hub for Wedding Cards (according to reviews). Thus, via surfing online, I managed to contact a nice lady from Walimatulurus.net Wedding Cards Provider.

Setting an appointment w her, I managed to drag The Fiance to the Wedding Card supplier last Saturday.

To be honest, the area was very much a busy area, but driving along the roads of Jalan Brunei, there were many Wedding Card vendors there. The lady (aishah namanya) waited for us in front of a mamak restaurant, and she guided us to walk in between the shops (this was a scary part actually, imagining you don't exactly know your locations, thus no one would know where you are if something happens to you!), But then, we came across a wedding card producing factory, of which the office was located on top of it...small, yet comfy and sufficient.

True enough, we went "rambang mata" with all the choices that the company provided. Everything under the sun, mind you...Hard cover, embossed, debossed, hot-stamping...that was the day I actually learnt a great many terms!

And we actually managed to get pocket style wedding cards (2 inlays + pocket + envelope) for just RM 1...

Sweet!

I could tell that The Fiance was more than happy to be getting a good deal..not good, great! And proud of the Brunette's efficiency (though of course as an Alpha Male, he would not admit it hee~)

So technically, this is how our cards are going to turn out...but this is just samples of the real colour. The real ones have a different design... and I'm basically happy we managed to squeeze our budget to get something of a good value... shweet!



My colour - Calm Gold with Silver Hot Stamping

pc1_6
Another sample

No comments:

Post a Comment